Pageviews past week

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 1 - Getting ready to start the fight

Got my PICC (Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter) placed after lunch today.  The nurse doing the PICC placement was excellent and it went very well.  There is a thin hollow tube that is inserted in a vein in my right arm (bicep) and is fed to the anterior vena cava that leads to my heart.  This line allows the chemotherapy drugs (more on that later) to be administered and mixed in my blood stream without risk of irritating my skin as would be the case with a regular IV.

So far I have been cared for by an excellent team on with excellent technology (Pyxis Med Stations, Alaris Pumps, and Chloraprep).


This looks familiar!

In good hands!




So starting on my chemotherapy cocktail tonight.  A combo of high-dose daunorubicin and Ara-C.  I will be on the daunorubicin for 3 days and the Ara-C for 7 days.  This combo cocktail gives me the best chance of getting in to remission.

Getting late and getting tired so will be signing off for today.

4 comments:

  1. Well indeed, you are in good hands! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi daddy this is rae rae i love u soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much well i can keep going but i dont know how much this thing can take . but i hope ur okay!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny Rae! I love you too Princess!!! You are so adorable and I just want to squeeze you right now. I am feeling great sweetie so don't you worry, I will be home in no time!
    I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Johnny - I am glad to see you are in excellent hands! We look forward to following the progress. I tried to click on the "Follow" button, but I got blocked - probably something to do with my corporate firewall! I will get set up on a different computer.
    Reading Rae's comments, I can't remember how to spell it: Ancias? :)

    Billy Boy.

    ReplyDelete