Pageviews past week

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 7 - One more dose to go!

Good morning everyone!  Wow, what a beautiful morning!!!  Today, is Day 7 of my chemo, which means the last dose of Ara-C. My blood counts are all dropping as is expected, but overall I have tolerated the chemo well, which is attributed to me being otherwise healthy and all your thoughts and prayers!!!












For my colleagues at work, I want to let you know I have had a buddy following me around for 7 days now...my Alaris Pump (two LVP's connected, one running continuously now for 7 days!!!).  It goes with me on my walks, to the rest room and even to bed :).

D-D-D
I have nicknamed it "D-D-D", for Dependable Drug Deliverer!  :-)

When I finish my last dose of Ara-C tomorrow afternoon, I won't have to take my DDD everywhere I go, but it will  be there waiting, just in case I need an antibiotic or another boost of chemo. 








Go Pyxis!
There is works stuff all around and I took pic of the med room where all the Pyxis Med stations are!  It really makes me proud to work with a team that makes care for patients safe and effective...keep up the good work CareFusion!!!

5 comments:

  1. One week under your belt, can see you are doing great. Tough Guy :)

    Kristi and I are planning on coming tomorrow afternoon maybe around 4pm or so. We will check with Theresa first. Any thing you want us to bring you (maybe some dinner?) or a bottle of gin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool, getting to see your work in action.

    And that smile, it says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo Johnny,
    Keep up the Positive Attitude and great spirits.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Johnny Baby,
    We just got back in town and the way we played, we both need a golf lesson from you!! We are happy to see you are doing good and in good spirits. We are planning on coming to see you in the next day or two but will check with your lovely wife first. We will bring the Martini’s . Love ya, Joe and Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone...love you all!!!
    John

    ReplyDelete