Pageviews past week

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 5 - Photo shoot

My Love!
Today was a good day.  Got a good night rest last night and was ready for day 5.  Theresa came by in the morning and brought me goodies!  She is being so strong and is getting a lot of support from family and friends.  Thank you so much everyone!

Started day 5 of the Ara-C today, so two more days to go.  My Dr. came by today and he says I am tolerating the chemo well given I am young and healthy, but did say the next few days will get tougher as my red, white and platelette cells come down to zero levels.  I have had 3 red cell transfusions, but will likely be needing platelette and packed white cells later as well. 

Lot's of freinds and family have asked about donating blood products for me.  Thank you so much!!! Although you can not donate for a specific person, I encourage you to donate blood to your local American Red Cross (to find out where you can donate, visit www.redcrossblood.org/ or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733 2767). 

The excitement for today was that my Dr. asked me to be in a photo shoot for the Scripps Research Institute of Genomics...he was examining me and talking while a photographer snapped way (I signed a consent of course and will post the photos when the photographer sends them to me)...Any way I can help the cause! :-)

Good night everyone and thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers!
Love, John

3 comments:

  1. Good morning John,
    Oh, now we have a hot model in our mist, you will definitely need to keep your strength up to fight off your adoring fans! Looking forward to seeing your portfolio when I get to San Diego

    So glad to hear that you had a good day yesterday and that you are keeping those chemo side effects at bay! Here's to having another good day and getting you home to your girls!

    love, cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your good Cindy, and I know you have had practice! Thank you for the encouragement fanship!
    Love, John

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete