Pageviews past week

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 23 - Dog Days

Hello,

As I mentioned in the Day 22 post, my back went out on me.  Here I am, finally D-D-D free and my back goes out...really?! 

I started the day with a very nice walk outside and felt the sun hit my face in the fresh air for the first time in 22 days!!!  Felt so good! All my walks now include a walk outside around the fountain.  Most of Saturday was spent icing my back and resting to get it back in shape.  I did get in quite a bit of college football and some rest.  The day ended with an Arizona loss to USC :-(...really?!



Is that really you Dad?



Best part of my day!
The highlight of my day was a visit from Theresa, Rachel and Gabe came for a visit.  Since I am no longer on chemo, I can wander outside, so Theresa brought Gabe with her and Rachel.  Gabe was growling at me at first since I had my hat on and a mask, but the second he heard my voice, is tail wagged like crazy and he was ready for some time with his Dad :-).  Olivia was sick so she stayed at home to rest, but I will see her on Sunday.  We took Gabe for a walk and gave some treats.  It was fun!

Joe, Sharon and Barry were at the Green Flash beer festival where they were having a Be The Match bone marrow registry drive!  Drinking beer and supporting Be The Match...what a great match that is.  They had a few for me, per my request.



Thank you all so much for your support of the Be The Match program.  The Sabre Springs Red Cross office now knows me by name since so many folks have gone in to get registered.  God bless you all for your continued love, support, wishes and prayers!!!

Love,
John

2 comments:

  1. Hi John,

    So glad you are getting to enjoy some of the beautiful weather y'all are having in San Diego and the sun against your face must have felt amazing.

    Marrow donor registry and beer, now that is a great concept!

    As always, you look marvelous! love you, cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Steelers!

    Yo Johnny,
    Wildcats may go the Sun Bowl this year, Rose and Holiday are out. If you are up to it in late Decemebr, a trip to the Bowl game is still in order for you.

    Love You,

    Nina and Dad

    ReplyDelete