Pageviews past week

Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 28 - Resting and In the Zone

Hello Family and Friends,

Thank you so much for the recent posts to Day 27, they definitely helped lift my spirits and added to my strength and drive to make it through the next few weeks.  White cells are still being shy which is why I still may be a few weeks out from going home...patience and perseverance, I am in the zone!

Didn't need any transfusions today, so I took a lot of strolls around the hospital.  My family has had the flu, so I have not seen them since Saturday.  We've been staying in touch on the phone and I got to read  a book at bedtime with Rachel using the Kindle that was a gift from my co-workers.  Rachel and I will be doing more bedtime reading!

Theresa packed some comfy clothes for me to wear...hospital gowns are getting old ;-)  My sister-in-law Mia came by this afternoon and brought me the clothes from home and some sweet notes from my family.  Thank you Mia for the delivery and the visit Mia!

Take care and thank you again for the inspiring posts, thoughts and prayers!!!

Love,
John

3 comments:

  1. Hi John,

    I thought I noticed you wearing a real shirt in one of your last pictures, small comforts from home - they are the best:)

    Hopefully Theresa and the girls will be well and able to visit you this weekend, I know how much these visits mean to all four of y'all. But I love how creative y'all are getting in the mean time, reading with Rachel on the phone, that was a great idea and I can only imagine how much she loved that, did you change the story around at all? I hear that you have a habit of doing that (hehehe).

    Hope you have a beautiful sunset to watch tonight and some great football to watch this weekend!

    Love you, cindy

    P.S. so I hear my husband has started writing jokes, God help us all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    It's Heather, Theresa's friend from UOP. I just wanted to say hi and that I am always thinking of you, Theresa and your girls. I have been trying to spread the word about bone marrow donation, but many of my friends are already on the list! I hope that you are doing better and please let me know if there is anything I can do for you and your family.

    Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy and Heather,
    Thank you for the posts!
    Love you,
    John

    ReplyDelete